What do you do when you have a building that has 4 sided captured curtain wall that was installed when clear glass was acceptable and curtain wall framing thermal performance was not a priority?
The Retro-Fit Façade system lets you keep your current curtain wall back member in place* and adds our proprietary fiberglass thermal break. This saves you time, money and lessens the disruption of upgrading your exterior curtain wall.
* Existing curtain wall should be reviewed structurally and for code compliance prior to any work being performed. FreMarq Innovations can assist in this process.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON THE RFF2500 RETRO FIT FIBERGLASS FAÇADE
PLEASE CONTACT THE FACTORY AT +1(715) 842-6842
How Does a Retro-Fit Façade Work?
The face caps, pressure plates, glazing gaskets and glass are removed from existing curtain wall. The remaining curtain wall back member stays in the opening. The Retro-Fit Façade fiberglass pultrusion slides over existing curtain wall stem, then is fastened in place. Horizontal to vertical joints are sealed in the field then the RFF 2500 system is glazed using the same interior molded corner gaskets, exterior gaskets, isolator, pressure bar and cover as the ZERO·NET PW2500.
- Proprietary pultruded fiberglass thermal barrier
- 2 ½” profile to match current curtain wall
- Glazing infill thickness from 1” to 1 3/8”
- Uses same aluminum cover, pressure plates and glazing gaskets as ZERO NET PW2500
- Existing curtain wall framing can remain in the building
- Less disruption to building occupants than completely demoing and replacing existing curtain wall
- Quicker building close in than tearing out and replacing existing curtain wall
- When Retro-Fit Thermal Barriers is installed, you get the same unrivaled thermal performance as our ZERO NET PW2500 curtain wall.
|NFRC Assembly U factor||as low as .32 using 1″ IGU|